MSc Azhar Z. Syed
Member of the Research Training Group, 1.11.2011 -31.01.2014
Azhar Z. Syed
Improved Models for the Electric Double Layer on Implants in Biosystems
The goal of the project is to improve the classical models for Electric Double Layer and to understand the different physical properties of EDL. To improve the models quantum effects and molecular dynamics plays a vital role, as they can describe the models in molecular level. The project is been collaborated by other projects within Welisa and also other groups in other university as University of Greifswald.
In essence, this project progresses in the following three stages:
- Using Molecular dynamic simulation trying to find out the microscopic model.
- Include the different effects that have been ignored in previous models to obtain a better understanding of EDL.
- Explain the different phenomena with strong theoretical and experimental support.
So far the following results have been achieved:
- A microscopic model has been developed using MD.
- The orientation of water dipole and the space dependency of relative permittivity have been observed.
- The rough surface and oxide of titanium have been included in the model.
Reviewed paper importent congress:
- SYED, A. Z., van RIENEN, U. and ELTER, P., 2013. Effects of Brownian motion on electrical double layer, Biomedical Engineering / Bio-medizinische Technik, Band 58, Heft SI-1 Track-N (Aug 2013), Proceedings BMT (Biomedizinische Technik) 2013 - Drei-ländertagung der Deutschen, Schweizerischen und Österreichischen Gesellschaft für Biomedizinische Technik, Graz, Austria, 19-21 Sept. 2013, (3 pages) DOI 10.1515/bmt-2013-4348.
- Improved model on EDL, University of Rostock, June, 2012
- Poster: Improved model on EDL, KWT 2012, Austria
- Prof. Dr. Ursula van Rienen
- Dr. Patrick Elter
- Prof. Walter Langel